Applications open August 1
Deadline for Applications September 30th
All applicants will receive notification of the status of their grant request by November 15th
In order to complete the application, you will be asked to attach copies of the following documents to the application. Please make sure you have these ready before you begin to fill the form out.
• List of the organization’s board of directors
• List of leadership staff and titles
• Organization’s most recent annual financial statement
• Proposed budget for Project
The name and photo associated with your Google account will be recorded when you upload files and submit this form.
1) The organization must be a qualified done under the Income Tax Act with a charitable number or partnering with a registered charity for the purpose of this application. Go to: www.cra-arc.gc.ca/chrts-gvng/chrts/plcy/cgd/qlfddns-eng.html
2) The organization must provide service on the North Shore.
3) The organization must have been in operation for at least one year.
4) The organization must provide services in the area of social services, culture and the arts, recreation, education, heritage, sports, or animal welfare.
5) Each recipient of a grant must submit a follow-up report within one month of the completion of the project, or within 6 months of receiving the grant.
PROJECTS ELIGIBLE TO BE FUNDED
We seek to fund programs and projects that:
• Provide a direct service or address a community need on the North Shore. (Deep Cove to Lions Bay)
• Involve collaboration and partnerships.
• Build on existing strengths and assets.
• Promote the use of volunteers.
• Provide realistic plans for longer term funding if the project is to continue.
• Indicate a clearly defined method of evaluation of the project’s effectiveness.
We do not fund programs and projects that include:
• Capital campaigns
• Expenses incurred prior to application.
• Debt retirement or mortgage pay-downs.
• Expenses for conferences or competitions.
• Fundraising expenses.
• Political, religious or commercial activities.